In some cases you need to create a landing page that does not show up in your site menus. This could be used as a page to drive advertisements or promotions to that you don't want to be found outside of someone clicking on a specific link.
Follow these instructions to set up your landing page on the site editor.
- First, log into your account and go to your site builder.
- Once in your account, go to the "Pages" section and click the little "+" button as shown below.
- Now you're going to name your page. Note, whatever you name your page will become the URL extension of that page, so make sure you name it what you want the URL to be. For "Heading" name the page whatever you want the page to be called. This can be the same as the Name if you wish. Once published, the URL for this page will be whatever the name of the page is, with dashes for spaces, and a .php at the end. For example, if I named my page "Crab Fry" on my site joescrabs.com, then my URL to use to access this page would be http://www.joescrabs.com/crab-fry.php
- Now, very important for making sure this page is hidden, click to deselect the "Display in Navigation" check box. This will ensure your page is not listed in your site navigation, and will only be accessible via a link. See below:
- Now that you have your new hidden page, click "Page" and the dropdown on the left to access this page and design it however you like.
- Once finished designing, be sure to click save, and then publish your site to make the page live online. Now you are ready to start using your new landing page however you see fit.