The CRM allows Admin(Superuser) to install and configure O365 sync. The user can use the O365 sync but can not install or configure the same.
Steps to Install Apptivo App
- Log in to your Office365 account.
- You need to install the Apptivo App from the Microsoft App Source to start syncing Emails. Go to Microsoft App Source and search for Apptivo from the search box and click on it.
- Click Get It Now.
- In doing so, you will be displayed with the Terms and Conditions. Click Continue.
- It will take a few seconds to complete the process. Now, you will be redirected to the authorization page of Apptivo. Click on "Accept".
Steps to Configure O365 Email Sync in your CRM
In your CRM account, click on Preferences -> General -> Email -> Office 365. You will be directed to the “Configure Office365” page. Here, the Email ID used in the office 365 account will be auto-populated.
You have the option to view the history of Authentication, Subscription, and Emails. This can be viewed by selecting the preferred action from the “Action Type” dropdown.
Now, click on “Enable Sync”. A pop up will emerge with the Email id. Here, enter the password and click “Authenticate”.
Note: Initially, it will take some time to get service from Office 365. Only after getting the service, the email send sync will work. It may take 24 hours to receive the service from Office 365.
The sync will be enabled. Forwarding Email ID field will be visible once the sync is successfully enabled.
Copy the Forwarding Email ID from your CRM and paste it in the “Forwarding my Emails” to field in Outlook Forwarding settings. Now, the emails will be synced with your CRM account.
You can view the last sync time from O365, Status of O365 authentication(Active or Inactive) and history details of Authentication, Subscription, and Emails.
Note: MS Exchange domain is not supported in the Office 365 sync. But all MS Exchange domain emails can be synced via IMAP.
Steps to Configure Email Forwarding
- Go to “Email” option under “Preferences”
- After selecting the “Email “ option click on “Add“ button. (This is the starting point to integrate.)
- There are two options available like “Email Forwarding“ and “IMAP Support“. As per example, you need to see the inbox emails into your CRM. So he must enter his email id into “Email Forwarding“ and click to “Save“.
- Then, you must collect the "Forward ID" from Apptivo.
- If you have forwarded multiple email accounts, you must select the perfect forward id to process further.
- Login to "Office 365" Web App, Click "Settings" > Mail Under Your App Settings
- Go to Accounts > "Forwarding"
- You put the "Forwarding Id" here. Please mention " Forwarding Id" as per the below-mentioned image.
- Once finish the above steps, you can get all your Office 365 emails into your CRM account.
Steps to Configure IMAP Support
- Click on the “Edit” button, where you can find this action under the “Email settings” in your account. For instance, please check this below image
- Enable “IMAP support” toggle, provide the following details as these are important to “authenticate” your mail.
Email service - Choose the others email service from available options.Email ID - Provide your Office 365 email addressPassword - Type password of your Office 365 email addressIMAP server - IMAP server name
- Some crucial points to be followed when you are providing details for authentication, select the “Others” mail service for “office 365”. Then give correct details in “IMAP server” and “port”, as these are base of authentication. (If you have any confusion in these fields, try to find out accurate details on the internet).
- Once completed the above steps, then Click on, “authenticate” button. If you want to store your mail details, just click the “save” button.
- After clicking the authentication tab, one pop up will appear it will display saying the authentication successful.
- Select the “disable” field manually, in case you don’t want to the authenticate the email address.
- Any changes or modification or re-authentication in your mail ID or password, use the “Edit” icon to make whatever changes in IMAP support tab.
Note: Whatever changes made in the CRM will sync to IMAP server in near real-time and vice-versa.