NOTE: As a new beta product, you'll need the team to activate this tool for you in the backend. To get started, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like the Phone and SMS option added to your account - make sure to include the business name on the account you want to add this feature for.
You can purchase a phone number from Nexmo directly. If you do not have an account, follow the steps given below to Sign Up for Nexmo and purchase a phone number.
If you are already an existing user of Nexmo, skip to the Add Phone Number section to add a phone number to your Contact Center Account.
Signup for Nexmo account
- Go to https://dashboard.nexmo.com/sign-in from your browser. To create a new account, select the Signup option.
- You will be redirected to the Sign Up page. Add your name, email address, and password. Click the “Create my free account’ button.
- On selecting Create my free account, an email will be generated to your email address with a link to activate your account. Click on it to activate your account.
- As an authentication step, you will be prompted to enter the verification code. Enter your mobile number and select the Send Verification Code button.
- You will receive a call on your registered mobile number with the verification code. Add it to the verification code field.
- Once the verification process is complete, you will be asked to select the role and product. Choose a role and select Voice as the product as shown below.
- Your account will be created and you will be redirected to the main page.
Add Credits to the Account
- On logging into your account, select the dropdown near the account name from the left panel.
- In the dropdown, select the Billing and Payments option. The Billing and Payments page will come into view.
- To add credits to your account, select Add Funds and your credit card details. Then, follow the steps mentioned to complete the process.
- To purchase a phone number, select the Numbers option from the Account name dropdown in the left panel. Now, click Buy Numbers.
- In the Buy Numbers page, select the country code. Also, mention the features as “Voice (or) SMS & Voice”.
- Now, select the type as Mobile and search for available phone numbers for the selected country.
- Select the desired phone number and click Buy to purchase it. Your purchase is complete and the cost is deducted from your available balance.
- You can always find the list of numbers purchased by navigating to “Your Numbers” in the “Numbers” dropdown in the left panel.
Accessing API Key in Nexmo
- On purchasing a number, get the API Key and API Secret Key for your account.
In the CRM you'll need the Contact Center app activated. To do so, go to the app store, then in the CRM section, add "Contact Center."
- Copy the Key and log into your CRM account. Navigate to the Contact Center App. In the Contact Center App, select Settings.
- In the Settings page, select Contact Center → Phone Numbers from the left panel. Phone Numbers page will come into view.
- In the Phone Numbers page, select Add Number.
- In the Add Number page, add the API key and API Secret Key from your Nexmo account and link it with your Contact Center App.
- To view the phone numbers purchased, select List Numbers.
- The phone numbers purchased in Nexmo will be listed. Select the phone numbers to be added to the Contact Center App and select Add.
- The selected phone number is added to your Contact Center App.