Creating a blog can be a great way to showcase your knowledge and expertise in your industry. Creating a blog on the site builder is super easy, and great for SEO value!
To get started, you're going to want to create your blog article page. This is the page that people can scroll through your blog post introductions, and click through to the post they want to read.
1. Click pages, and then click the + button to add a new page:
In here you'll want to start with an empty page, name it Blogs (or whatever you want your blog page to be called) and decide if you want your blog page displayed in your navigation or not.
2. Now it's time to format your Blogs page. You'll start by seeing a blank page with an "Add Block" prompt. Click the +. Scroll to the "News" section, and choose which format you like the most:
Now you will see your blogs page with your initial blog formatting. You will want to add a "READ MORE" to the bottom of your blog previews and then you can link those to the pages your actual blog will be on as you develop them.
You can also change the picture by clicking the image above each blog preview and change the content for the blog title and introduction by simply clicking the text and updating it. If you want to change the appearance of your blog sections, click the settings gear and you can do things like remove the images, remove the buttons, etc.
3. Now that you have your blog page started, it's time to start adding blogs content! To get started, add another page. For this one you'll want to start with an empty page again. We also recommend you name these pages "blog - blog title" which will help you find them easier as you build out content. You'll also want to turn off the "Display in navigation":
We then recommend using the "Text" block for your blog content. You can choose to have imagery in your blogs, or not:
Now you can easily create your first blog post!
4. Now that you have your first blog, it's time to put it into your blog gallery. Go back to your Blogs page. On your first blog section, click that READ MORE that you added before and click the link button. In there, change it to "Open a page" then select the blog page, and click submit.
And your all set with your first blog!
NOTE: If you don't have 3 blogs to post yet, don't fear, just hover over the other blog preview sections and you can click the trashcan to get rid of it:
5. Now that you have created your blog page, your blog preview, and your first blog, blogging going forward is SUPER easy!
To write your next blog, simply find an older blog in your pages dropdown, click copy, name your new post, and turn off the display in navigation, and click submit. Now all you have to do is swap out your content and your new blog is ready to go!
Once you've created your blog post, go back to you blogs gallery, and to add a new blog preview, hover over your latest one and click the duplicate button. This will put it right in line at the top and move your older posts down the line.
Edit the image, title, and preview content, highlight the "READ MORE" and link it to the correct page, and save and publish your site. All set!