You can manage the links that appear in the navigation Header block of your website. You can have anything from simple navigation to a complex hierarchy with a tree of pages and subpages.
Adding a header with navigation
1. Click the Add a block + button and navigate to the Headers section. Choose the header that suits your website goals.
2. Hover over the header to activate the editing pane. Choose the Navigation settings icon that looks like stacked rectangles.
3. A Navigation Settings window will open up. Here you will see your current navigations items.
Adding new items to the navigation
To add a new item to your navigation, click on the purple round + button. You will see a new window where you can set up the new navigation item.
From here you have a choice of navigation link actions. Click on the drop-down menu under Click action to choose one of the following:
- Open a web address: this link would open an external URL.
- Open a page: this link would open a page on your website.
- Download a file: this link will allow a visitor to download a file.
- Scroll to a block: this link will scroll down to another block on the page.
Once you have chosen the click action, enter the new item name in a field below. Optionally, allow the link to open in a new window.
Adding a link to a website page
1. Add the new Item name: for example, you want to add a link to another page of your website, let's call it Services. Type in Services.
2. Assign a Click action: If you are adding a link to an existing page on your site, click here and you will have a list of all pages available for placing into the navigation. In our example, let's click on Services.
3. To confirm the action, click on Add Item, and then Save.
4. Once the changes have been saved, you can see the new item in your navigation.
Links to external websites
If you would like to link to a page on an external website, follow these steps:
1. Activate the Navigation settings menu as described above.
2. Enter the name of the link into the Item Name field, for example, Samples.
3. On your external website, copy the URL of the page where you want the users when they click the link.
4. Paste the link in the Click Action field, then click Add Item and Save.
Once the changes have been saved, you will see your external website link in your site's navigation.
Links to downloadable files
To add a downloadable file to your header navigation, follow these steps:
1. Click on the + button to add a new navigation item.
2. In the Click action drop-down menu, choose Download a file.
3. Click Choose a file and select a file on your computer. Click Open. The file will be added.
4. Click Submit and Publish to make the changes live.