Importing Leads from an CSV file, an external file, to the CRM is one of the vital lead creation activities for both the marketing and sales teams.Importing records from an external file such as Excel helps the user new leads that he has collected through various sources such as
- Purchasing a record database
- Records from different business units
- Even from an exported file that had been created as a backup
Steps to Import Leads from CSV
- Log in and access Leads App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on "More" icon and select “Import” icon located at the app header bar.
- Click on "New Import" button.
- Click on "Browse" button and select CSV file from your computer and click on "Next".
- Map lead fields to respective CSV fields. Make sure to map the custom mandatory fields.
- After mapping the all fields as shown in the below instance, hit the "Import" button to import records.
- You can view warning popup which alerts you for mapping common fields such as territory, segments etc.
- In case of mandatory fields not having values, they are added to exceptions. If error records are added to exceptions, they will be ignored and available for download later.
- If you want to continue, Click on "Add to exceptions and proceed" button or Click on "Back" button, to include mandatory fields.
- There are four validations to do import:
- Mandatory Values - Validates mandatory value association.
- Data Format – Validates data format issues in CSV.
- Duplicates – Validates duplicates in CSV.
- Reference Format – Validates the association of other objects. This will associate existing objects, if there are new objects found in CSV, you are allowed to create new objects.
- Click on "Proceed" button for each step.
- Once the reference data completes, click on “Proceed” button to import records. (If you want to stop the import use abort option)
- After proceeding, the system will display following counts:
# of Records - Total count of contact records found in a file(CSV)
# of Del Rec - Count of deleted records at time of validating the leads
# of Ignored - Count of ignored records which are added to the exceptions at time of mapping
- Now you can view the total number of records, number of deleted records and number of ignored records. Click on "Start Import" button.
- Here we go, the import is done successfully and the log will display the totals of imported records, failed, and etc.
- The completed CSV file will be listed as shown in the image below, from where you will download the records using “Down arrow” icon found next to the columns(Total Records, Ignored Records, Failed Records)
- You can view the number of successful records imported, failed records and ignored records which can be downloaded as a separate CSV file for later import.