Opportunities can be created manually in two ways, using opportunities creation page and import opportunities. Opportunities app allows you to import opportunities from external source. This will minimize your work of creating bulk opportunities manually.
To Import Opportunities from CSV
- Log in and access Opportunities App from your universal navigation menu bar.
- Click on "More" icon and select “Import” located at the app header bar.
- Click on "Import" button.
- Click on "Browse" button and select CSV file from your computer and click on "Next".
- Map opportunities fields to respective CSV fields. Make sure to map "Close Date" and custom mandatory fields.
- Click on "Import" button to import records.
- You can view warning popup which alerts you for mapping common fields such as territory, segments etc.
- In case of mandatory fields not having values, they are added to exceptions. If error records are added to exception, they will be ignored and available for download later.
- Click on "Proceed" button for each step.
- After proceeding, the system will display following counts:
- # of Records - Total count of contact records found in a file(CSV)
- # of Del Rec - Count of deleted records at time of validating the contacts
- # of Ignored - Count of ignored records which are added to the exceptions at time of mapping